Here are 6 helpful tips for building a great search engine optimization (SEO) plan.
- Optimize with the correct (and relevant) keyword phrases. Find out how people are searching for your type of business and use the appropriate keywords, tags and phrases in the content you post.
- Link with reputable websites and pages (internal and external links) – including directory sites, search engines, and high ranking sites in your industry.
- Produce fresh, quality content consistently – mix it up by creating interesting text content, educational video content, graphical content with branding and even audio “how-to” content.
- Find and repair any broken links on your site. And if you’re not sure how to check your links, visit BrokenLinkCheck to run a quick report on your site. Using WordPress for your site? If so, they also have a plugin to add to your site that automatically checks all of your posts called BrokenLinkChecker.
- Update and submit a search engine friendly XML sitemap.
- Install some sort of analytics* and review the results. GoogleAnalytics is a great tool to use for this. Plus if you have your website format in WordPress, you can even use a plugin to add it to your dashboard for quick viewing.
*Analytics will help you define your keywords, show how people find you, where they are coming from, your content that brings in the best response and where your links are coming from.
Using these strategies will help you map out a plan to create a successful SEO strategy. But remember… these are just a “few” of the steps that will help you “start” creating a successful SEO strategy. The real key is to continue optimizing your website with all these factors (and a few more techniques) and evaluate what is working and what’s not on a continuous basis.
If all of this sounds too time-consuming or confusing and you feel you might need help with your SEO… be sure to contact us today! We would love to help you build and maintain your website optimization.
Carmen Wisenbaker, Creative Director
Penworth Marketing | Websites ~ SEO ~ Social Media ~ Graphic Design