This infographic is intended to make you smile.
I like to call these “ponderings” that explain the way we say things that aren’t necessarily in line with the statement made.
- Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
- Why is ‘phonetic’ not spelled the way it sounds?
- Why do we call transporting by car a shipment, but call transporting by ship, cargo?
- Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
- What was the greatest thing before sliced bread?
- Why is it called a boxing “ring” if it’s square?
- Why do they put Braille on the drive-through atm machines?
- We know the speed of light, so what’s the speed of dark?
- If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
- If the #2 pencil is the most popular, then why is it still #2?
- What hair color do they put on the driver’s license of a bald man?
- How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?
Hope you enjoyed our chuckle today and if you ever find you need help branding your content for social media marketing or optimizing your website, just give us a call or drop us a line. We would love to help you plan your next campaign.
We live and love this stuff daily!
WordPress Webmaster and Master Certified SEO Expert